5.23.2012

Blake is Standing and Stepping!

Blake is now a full-on stander! He stands with steadiness and fools us all into thinking he is just ready to walk! Every time he looks up as if he wants to walk to us...then he'll hesitate and sit down slowly, then crawl ferociously toward you! This amuses me greatly. I love my son, he is so silly and he is getting so good at everything he does. He has been watching the Baby Einstein video "First Signs" a lot lately, and he has been showing us all of these signs! It's great because it's such an easier way to communicate for him. He gets everything he needs and he's a very happy baby the majority of the time! Although, we seem to make him angry a lot when we don't know what sign he is showing us. He isn't perfect at signing yet. He gets close, but he doesn't have the hand-eye coordination to be able to do the sign to its exact quality. For example, he loves to do the more sign, and he loves to clap! However, the more sign IS him clapping. He likes to clap for fun, and he also claps when he would like more. This makes things confusing at times. He might clap when you're feeding him, but that doesn't always mean more, and if you try to feed him because you think he wants more, he will smack the utensil out of your hand. My little stinker. <3

As for stepping, Blake has taken 3 or 4 steps now at a time. He likes to do it when he thinks we aren't watching. It's funny. He will only usually step when he is already holding something. It's rather cute if I do say so myself.

He also finds it hilarious if you chase him. We actually witnessed Blake taking his largest amount of steps so far (4) whilst Kyle was chasing him around the couch repeatedly! Blake was walking sideways while holding onto the couch. They had circled quite a few times, then Blake comes around the one side and walks 4 steps and falls. Then, continues to crawl rather speedily around the couch some more.

Blake is actually having a birthday/memorial day party on Monday at a national park. I can't wait! Even though I've probably cried more in the past few days than I should...I just can't believe my son is going to be a year old already. He has gotten so big so fast...

He has been talking more lately. It's funny because he doesn't make much sense most of the time, but if you listen very closely and pay a lot of attention to what he's rambling, you can almost tell what he might be trying to say. I try to pay close attention so that I can acknowledge what he might be trying to say. It's still difficult though.

So...a bad habit that Blake has gotten into somehow is that he for some reason likes to hit/kick in the face or wherever he can. In the mornings, I'll be playing with him and joking around with him, and he will be playing as well. Then out of nowhere, he will start smacking me in the face! If I tell him no, and hold his arms, he then decides that kicking in the face will be just as swell. I have no clue where he learned this, but I'm having a pretty difficult time trying to get him to learn that its bad. He just thinks its so funny and that he can do it non-stop. For some reason, he has also learned to bite. I don't know where he is picking these things up from, but I wish I knew how to make him stop. He's actually very strong and it's starting to hurt pretty badly when he hits me and kicks me.

If anyone has any advice on the last paragraph, please advise on!! Also...if at all possible, I'd like advice on how to get Blake to talk a bit better. I'm excited for him to learn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment