5.12.2011

Cleaning Mood. :)

As you probably already know, most pregnant women go through a "nesting" stage in their pregnancy. The basic symptoms of this stage are obsessive cleaning, organization, and pretty much anything that can keep you busy and make you feel more comforted. For example, I just had to face my chair more toward the computer because it was slightly crooked for some odd reason. :) Also, Kyle and I have been packing downstairs so that we can move into our new apartment as soon as we possibly can have the chance to, and I've been labeling EVERYTHING. :) I have 2 sharpie markers; one black one and one silver metallic one. They both are used to label certain things in certain ways. I'm so anal about all of this because I want everything to be packed MY WAY. I don't think I can take NOT having things packed the way I want them to be packed. Kyle thinks its a bit ridiculous, but it comforts me to be able to be so organized, and it makes me happy. So, even though he doesn't like it that much, he allows it to happen.

Anyway, today I have been in a crazy cleaning mood. I woke up and immediately went into the kitchen and was DISGUSTED!! Dishes - everywhere! Food still left in them and spoiled milk in glasses and salad dressing gone bad; so gross! I couldn't stand it, and I usually don't care whether things are like this or not because it's not really my house, but I HAD to take action. I immediately opened the dishwasher and took everything out, put it all away, then started loading the dishwasher with all of the nasty dishes that had been sitting out. I organized the small forks with the small forks, large forks with large, small spoons with small, large spoons with large, butter knives with butter knives, etc. All of the bowls were in two rows in the center of the top rack, and all of the plates were lined up according to size on the bottom shelf. Cups of every sort went to both sides of the top shelf, and a large pot went in the bottom rack. After doing this, I realized that the dishwasher wasn't quite full yet. So, I haven't started it yet.

If I were to start the dishwasher without it being completely full, I'd most likely get the 3rd degree about it later. Therefore, I just left it not started, and began to clean something else. I walked into the living room, and there were 2 hampers of clean clothes that Kyle had brought up for my sister and her husband, because we needed to do laundry, so we finished their laundry for them, then started to do our own. So, I walk into the living room, find that the clothes are still sitting in hampers in the middle of the floor, and I start folding the clothes. My sister has 3 kids, so trying to figure out who's shirt and pants belong to who is definitely a difficult task. :) I tried my best though. :)

It's such a nice day out! Jimmy the fat cat is lying next to the screen door looking outside, soaking up the sun. The neighbor is washing his car. Birds are chirping and singing their cute little songs. I like today. Hopefully its a better day than yesterday. Yesterday was an awful emotional day for me. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment